Make a complaint
At Black Horse we aim to give the highest level of customer service. If there’s a problem, please let us know and we’ll try to solve it as quickly as possible.
Ways to make a complaint
Option 1 - Talk to us
Call us on 0344 824 8888
- Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.30am - 6pm and Saturday 9am - 1pm
- If you need to use a textphone, you can call using the Text Relay Service. Please dial 18001 followed by the phone number above
*Calls will cost no more than a UK national rate call to 01 or 02 telephone numbers and will count towards inclusive UK call minutes provided in telephone and mobile contracts. Calls may be recorded or monitored to help us improve our service.
When you call us, you will need to tell us your agreement number. If you need support finding your agreement number, here’s three places you may find it:
- In your copy of your agreement. We sent this to you when you started your agreement with us.
- If you pay by Direct Debit, your agreement number will be in the payment reference on your bank statement.
- In the text message we sent welcoming you to Black Horse at the start of your agreement with us.
Option 2 - Write to our customer complaints team
Black Horse Finance
St William House
When you write to us, please include:
- Your agreement number
- Full details of your complaint
- What you think we should do to put things right
- Photocopies of any paperwork supporting your complaint (please keep your original copies)
Our service promise to you
When you contact us about a complaint, we will try to resolve it before the end of the next working day.
If we’re unable to do this, we will write to you within 5 working days to:
- Confirm receipt of your complaint
- Tell you who will be handling your complaint
We will provide you with a response as soon as we can. At regular intervals we will advise you of the progress that we have made.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us 8 weeks to respond to your complaint. We aim to respond to your complaint before this deadline.
If you're still not happy
If you're still not happy with the response to your complaint, you can ask for your complaint to be independently reviewed by the Financial Ombudsman Service:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR
0800 023 4 567
The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent review service. If you have not referred your complaint to Black Horse first, you will not be able to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman. We will provide details of how to contact the Ombudsman when we send you a response to your complaint.
Building strong and lasting relationships with our customers is important to us. Sometimes things can, and do, go wrong and when this happens we encourage customers to tell us about it so we can aim to put things right.
We are committed to transparency and publish details of the complaints data we last reported to the Financial Conduct Authority. View the complaints data for firms associated with the Black Horse brand.
If you need accessibility support
If you would like a large print, Braille or audio tape version of this information, please contact us on 0800 302 9155.
Managing your account FAQs
Need to add a new phone number? Need help requesting a statement or changing your payment day?
Other topics include support creating an online account and help with log in problems.
Your agreement FAQs
If you have a question about managing your agreement with us, this article will help.
Topics covered: during my agreement, looking after my vehicle and end of agreement.