Money ​​​​​​​worries

Get help managing money problems

Life can take us by surprise and a change in circumstances can affect how we manage our money and make ends meet. If you find yourself starting to worry about money, you’re not alone – we’re here to help you. The sooner you let us know, the quicker we can help get you back on track.

Signs you might be experiencing money worries 

- You’re worried about money and concerned whether you can pay back what you owe
- You’re worried you might not be able to repay your mortgage, credit card or other debt repayments, including car finance repayments
- Your circumstances have recently changed making it difficult for you to manage your money
- You’re spending more than you earn
- You’re unable to pay your mortgage or rent because of debt repayments
- You’re living out of your overdraft and using credit cards to cover bill repayments
- You’re receiving charges due to late or missed repayments

What you can do
Here’s how you can get support: 

Get help by logging into your online account 
Log in to your online account to get help and support with your money worries. Go to 'Money worries' in the 'Help centre'  and we'll ask you some questions to understand how we can best support you. If you don't have an online account, it's quick and easy to set up.

Log in or Register >

Speak to us 
If you talk to us without going online first, it may take longer to find options to support you.

Make sure you have all the details on your income and outgoings ready before you call. This may include wage slips, bills and bank statements. The quickest way to give us this information is to log in, go to 'Money worries' in the 'Help centre' and fill in the form before calling.

Call us for free on 0800 151 2454 (lines are open Monday to Friday 8.30am - 7.00pm and Saturday, 9.00am - 1.00pm).

If you need to use a textphone, you can call us for free using the Text Relay Service. Please dial 18001 followed by the phone number above.

Get free, independent help 

Access free and impartial advice from independent organisations.

Set up by the UK government, Money Helper offers free and impartial money advice.

It can provide information to help you decide the best way to take things forward and keep your payments on track. It also suggests organisations which provide debt management services or providers who can help you keep on top of your money. You can get help by telephone and online. 
​​​​​​​Visit the Money Helper website >

StepChange Debt Charity is a registered charity offering free, confidential advice and support to anyone who is worried about debt.

Their free counselling and debt advice can help you get back in control of your money and move forward with your life.

Visit the StepChange Debt Charity website >   

Citizens Advice provides free, confidential, impartial information and advice on a wide range of debt and benefits issues.

Check your local phone book or Yellow Pages for your nearest Citizens Advice.

Visit the Citizens Advice website >

National Debtline gives free debt advice by phone and online to people across the UK.

Visit the National Debtline website >  

Make a payment FAQs

Looking for ways to pay? Need support getting a settlement amount? Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about payments. 

Get in touch

We provide a lot of advice and support on our dedicated Help Centre. However, we’re here if you need to speak to us.

Managing your account FAQs​​​​​​​

Need to add a new phone number? Need help requesting a statement or changing your payment day? Other topics include support creating an online account and help with log in problems. 


If there's a problem with our products or service, let us know and we'll try to solve it as quickly as possible. 

Your agreement FAQs ​​​​​​​

If you have a question about managing your agreement with us, this article will help. Topics covered: during my agreement, looking after my vehicle and end of agreement.